Tuesday, October 18, 2022

YOUR DISABILITY CLAIM WILL BOIL DOWN TO 2 THINGS

 Social Security disability claims rest on a legal foundation.  It doesn't matter how much you believe you are disabled.  There are set rules and regulations that you must meet before a benefit can be awarded.

For most claims, success or failure will boil down to 2 things:

Persons Below Age 50 (younger individuals):  Can you perform any full time job that exists in the national economy?

Persons 50 and Over:  Can you perform any of the jobs that you've done within the past 15 year period?

 Depending on your Residual Functional Capacity (RFC), you may be denied even though you can't do any of your past work.  Social Security may find that there's easier work that you can do.  This is especially problematic for younger individuals.

Younger individuals and persons who have sedentary (sit down) work in their history are especially difficult.  

Some arguments that Social Security pays no attention to:

  • I can't find any work; I've looked.
  • Nobody will hire me.
  • I am a liability to an employer.
  • I can't live on minimum wage.
  • Those jobs don't exist in my town, my county or my state.
  • Many people get disability who are not as sick as I am.
Before starting on the disability process, talk to an expert and see if you have a legal foundation for a disability award. If so, how can you prove it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

SIGNS YOU MAY HAVE WON YOUR DISABILITY HEARING

  SIGNS YOU MAY HAVE WON YOUR DISABILITY HEARING If your Social Security disability claim was denied, you will usually appear before an Adm...